Fall Bible Studies
Wednesday mornings at 6:15am at The Wolf in Ballwin. Led by Kevin Hughes. Starting Wednesday, September 20th, the guys will be starting a new video series from Chip Ingram, “God as He Longs for You to See Him.”
We’ll have another study coming at you later this fall on Friday mornings. Stay tuned for more details as we get closer to the launch.
Tuesday evenings at 6pm (starting September 19th, running 8 weeks)
“Cry of the Hidden Heart” led by Dee Wilkinson. This study inspires and empowers women to seek Christ and His best for their marriage – Location TBD
Tuesday evenings from 7-9pm (starting September 19th, running 8 weeks)
“Gideon: Your Weakness, God’s Strength” by Priscilla Shirer
When we hear the name Gideon, most of us think about his 300 soldiers or the fleece he laid out under the evening sky. But Gideon’s story is so much bigger than that—bigger than any one man and his mark on Israel’s history. Like everything else in the Bible, this is a story about God and His people. His love for them, as well as His strength operating in spite of their weakness—even through their weakness. And because God’s people includes you and me, Gideon’s story is also about us—our lives, our doubts, our struggles, and our possibilities as believers.
Friday mornings at 9am (ongoing)
This study is currently in the book of 2 Peter. Whether you can make it once a month or every week, you’re welcome to join. Please contact Cheri Weber at (636)225-7291 for more information.
BLTs Starting up in September
BLTs will start the week of September 17th and will meet every other week through December. Check with your BLT leaders for their exact meeting schedule because they are subject to some changes at time. If you’re not in a BLT but would like to be, please check out the list below and see which BLT(s) may work best for your schedule. Feel free to try one or two out before committing! There will be no hurt feelings, we promise!
- Sundays at 12:00pm – Brian & Janet Carlin – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sundays at 6:00pm – Tom & Dee Wilkinson – email@example.com
- Wednesdays at 6:30pm – Jon & Molly Rayner / Mike & Barb Rohman – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thursdays at 7:00pm – Bill & Annie Bayer – email@example.com
- Fridays at 6:30pm – Mike & Susan Wahlman – firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions? Contact Diane Hughes at email@example.com
The Landing Lunch
The Landing Lunch (previously known as The Shindig) is a lunch after service for people who are new to Quest. This is a super easy and casual opportunity to get to know a little more about the church and maybe even find out about your next steps. If you’re interested in hanging out after service on Sunday, September 24th, please sign up at the ministry table.
Are you new to Quest and looking for an easy way to plug in and find your next steps? Give The Landing a try! Stating October 1st, The Landing will meet at 9am on the 1st and 3rd Sundays each month. Questions? Contact Barb and Gordon Schnitzler.
Serve St. Louis 2017
You’ve probably seen the save the date alerts about Serve St. Louis over the last couple of weeks. Serve St. Louis is a city-wide, multi church weekend event where people get out and help… they Serve St. Louis. There are loads of projects hosted by multiple churches from around the area. Quest is organizing four different project opportunities this year.
- Community Garden (North City) -A Community Garden in North City needs to be readied for winter. All people are welcome to come help. No previous gardening experience is required. This is a great opportunity to get to know people from a different area of our city.MATERIALS NEEDED: Gardening Tools, GlovesSPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS: *Family Friendly* Wear clothes that can get dirty. An extra layer of clothes would be preferable.
- House Repair for Local Family (West County)A single mom of three kids is in need of some repairs and simple improvements to her home in the Pond area. A few of the things that need to be done include: fixing A/C vents, installing flooring, installing/fixing lighting and electrical work and installing doors. They are not expecting all the work to get done in one day, but would appreciate all help provided. Most of the jobs that are needed will require some handiwork skills.MATERIALS NEEDED: Various ToolsSPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS: The volunteers will meet at Quest Church and drive to the house from there.
- A Soldier’s Wish List (Quest Church – Wildwood, MO)Soldier’s Wish List is a ministry that delivers gifts to soldiers who are stationed overseas. We need volunteers to sort and wrap gifts for a troop of around 50 soldiers. MATERIALS NEEDED: Scissors, Tape, Christmas Wrapping Paper SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS: *Family Friendly* (We will also be taking donations for items to be included in the care packages. The needs are below:)
We Need Large Quantities of the following:
- Protein Bars (like Clif Bar brand)
- Drink mixes for water
- Snack foods, such as:
- Rice Krispies Treats
- Sauce Packets (from Arby’s, Taco Bell, etc.)
- Microwave Popcorn
- Peanut Butter Crackers
- Oreo cookies
- Fruit Snacks
We Need 81 Christmas Gifts ($15-$20 value):
- DVDs (new releases are preferable)
- Books (i.e. Ready Player One, Red Rising Trilogy, etc.)
- Sporting Equipment (Frisbee, soccer ball, basketball, footballs, nerf guns, etc.)
- Puzzle Books (Sudoku, Mind Games, etc.)
- Board Games
No blankets or chocolate please because they’re stationed in a very warm environment. All Donations need to be dropped off at Quest NO LATER than Sunday, October 1st. Please include your receipts with your donation.
If you don’t have time to shop but would still like to give financially, we will shop for you! You can write checks to Quest and simply write “Soldier’s Wish List” in the memo field
- The Well (South City)The Well is a church in South City that serves refugees. The church runs a second hand clothes shop and a used furniture shop. They are in need of help to sort donations, paint walls, install a new door, rewire lights and move boxes among other assorted jobs. Handiwork skills would be helpful but are not required. There will be something for everyone to do.SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS: Meet at 646 Fairview Ave, Saint Louis, MO 63116 at 9 AM. One of the volunteers that works with the Well will direct everyone from there.
Please sign up early so we have a better idea of the numbers we’ll have to work with for each job. This helps to narrow down the projects priority list so we can be as effective as possible. If you have any questions, you can find the project leaders to contact on the project pages on Serve. St. Louis’s project page for Quest.
Quest Missionaries – October 8th
Shawn Key, one of our Quest supported missionaries, will be in town on Sunday, October 8th. We’ll hear a little about the ministry that he and his wife, Natalie, have been building in Sophia, Bulgaria. After service, we’ll be having a lunch that you are welcome to sign up and come to to hear more about the work they’ve been doing and plan to keep growing. You can sign up at the ministry table on Sunday mornings.
Getting Plugged In
Quest only happened because of the hard work and dedication from it’s wonderful volunteers. It’s also a great way to get meet new people! Are you looking for a way to get more involved in Quest? We offer many areas that could use a few more people. You can fill out a volunteer form online and we’ll connect you with the ministries where you’re interested in serving.